Monday, December 19, 2011

Rewarding myself tonight!!!

Two weeks of working out now, and although I'm not getting to Lifestyle as often as I would like, it appears that I'm dropping pounds at a pretty good rate.  In addition, I'm feeling that my muscles are beginning to feel some tone again.

 I get on the scale at the gym once a week.  Today I was at 185 pounds, thats a loss of 7 pounds over the first two weeks, and my body fat percentage went from 20.36% down to 19.77%, so I'm feeling pretty good about those kind of results, in spite of not doing as many workouts as I had planned.  I think that the stress from training at the Bonefish has contributed to my weight loss (more about that in my Things I Think, I Think blog.)

So, tonight, with the night off, the STEELER game on and feeling a bit of satifaction at my progress, I'm celebrating with Rum, Pizza and Chicken Strips.



Zaya is my favorite rum, a delicious 12 year old reserve from Trinidad. 


The pizza is Papa Johns, it's not Frank's, but what the hell, it's not too bad, and they deliver right to the door!! 

I've always believed that when you are on any kind of diet, if you stay with it for a few weeks, your body starts to adapt to the new intake you are feeding it and you tend to hit a plateau.  My cure for that is to shock the system every two weeks or so with a pigout that resembles your old eating habits.  For me, that is definately pizza, chicken and rum, with the emphasis on the rum.

I'v been holding steady at right around 2000 calories every day for the last two weeks.  The breakdown works out to about 60% carbohydrates, 20% protein, and 15% fat.  Yea, yea that only works out to 95%, I know, but there has been a little wine thrown in there on a few nights, so I get about 5% from alcohol that I'm not proud of, but it sure feels good!

Tonight I've maxed out closer to 3000 so we'll if my theory really works or not. 

I'm going to try to pick up the pace and get in 4 workouts this week, with a little more biking or running on the beach.  But in any case, again, I'm quite happy with the progress I've made to date, I've just got to stay consistant and keep it going.



No comments: